Tuesday 21 May 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte lipstick in 'Rose Culte'






Yes, my fellow lipstick hauders, I caved and purchased a beautiful YSL lipstick. However, I did have a £10 West Quay voucher, so this beauty cost me just £14.50 infact - as I cannot justify nearly thirty pounds for a lipstick right now!
The Rouge Volupte lipsticks are SO hyped all over blogspot, and I'd be lying if I said one of the reasons I brought the lipstick in the first place wasn't because of the packaging  By far the most sturdy applicator I have ever had the pleasure to own, the gold harcasing is beautiful and heavy to hold not light and cheap if that makes sense, I actually sat with the YSL women at the counter for about half an hour picking a shade, I'd seen so so many lovely nudey, coraly shades on other bloggers but with my pale skin and at the time red hair I knew it wasn't an option. I wanted a day time lipstick but a shade that didn't look like I'd picked it up from a highstreet retailer. Rose Culte is a beautiful bright raspberry pink, enough to give your daily makeup a pop of colour without being too in your face. I actually had two people ask me where it was from whilst wearing it! one at work and the other was a bank cashier! The formula is creamy and moisturizer it almost reminds me of a mixture between a lip butter and a mac lipstick - I've never experienced a formula like it, I would recommend a lip brush to apply as the shape of the product is hard to get onto your lips. All in all I'm so chuffed I own one of these beauties and it has pride of place ontop of my makeup collection!

Do you have any YSL lipsticks?
Will you be purchasing one?



6 comments :

  1. such a beautiful colour, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want a YSL lipstick too but the price just puts me off. Although if I had a voucher too I'd definitely buy one! Looks like a lovely colour :)

    Danielle xx
    Danielleyc | UK Beauty, fashion & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same! deffo wait till your bday or something to nab one! thanks I love it! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. OMg thats such a pretty colour! haha i really want a lipstick from YSL i have some of the glossy stains but none of these

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried anything so luxurious you should bite the bullet and get one hun! :) xxx

      Delete